ANGEL MASTERCLASS PROGRAMME: AN INTRODUCTION TO INVESTING
This Masterclass programme has been specifically created for the Stakeholderz community to both support those new to investing, as well as give more experienced angel investors the knowledge to improve their investing strategy whilst limiting their investment risk.
The programme provides content in three key investment stages. You can attend one, two or all three modules to learn:
- How to strengthen the performance of your investment portfolio;
- How to work best in a group of investors – and share knowledge with your peers;
- How to mitigate the potential for investment capital loss.
Benefits of Attending
This is an intensive but flexible look at angel investing. It is ideal for the time-poor investor and there is no other similar programme on the market.
• World-class course material–developed by the World Business Angel Association.
• Learn within a powerful ‘collective classroom’ environment to see how others use their experience and share their perspective on what to learn and do in this evolving field. Places are limited and early sign-up is recommended.
• Build a network of co-investors to grow a more valuable contact base.
• Receive a wealth of vital information from leading expert Modwenna Rees-Mogg.
• Decrease the potential for losing investment capital.
• Complete all three modules and receive a Masterclass certificate.
About Modwenna Rees-Mogg
• Acclaimed author to two books on investing, and renowned advisor to the sector
• Publisher of leading online publication AngelNews.
• A consummate professional; passionate about investing and dedicated to raising standards of success in angel investing.
• Organiser of the annual VCT and EIS conferences.
What does the course cover?
Module One: Getting Ready to Invest
Thursday 27th February, 4pm
- Understand the angel market in the UK and beyond including how the market operates, and potential tax breaks.
- Explore different roles you can take on and what outcomes to expect.
- Learn how deals come about, from elevator pitches, live pitches, negotiations, and term sheets, to how advisors fit into the market.
- Learn how to relate to the founders and their style of managing the company.
- Understand what a deal looks like structurally including legal documents, share certificates and client money accounts .
- Understand what the right deals are for you, and portfolio investment theory.
- Identify like-minded angels through buddy clubs, and syndicates.
- Discuss managed vs self-managed investments.
Module Two: Getting Into the Detail
Thursday 26th March, 4pm
- Understand valuations and the different valuation methodologies.
- Learn about due diligence: what it means and what it involves.
- Explore legal aspects including warranties, indemnities, drag and tag along, pre-emption, English law, cap tables, Companies House, GDPR and NDAs.
- Understand complicated deal terms and liquidation preference.
Module Three: Post-investment and Getting an Exit
Thursday 30th April, 4pm
• Learn about deal management as part of the investor’s role; the syndicate 3rd party managers, Board seats, advisory roles, and reporting issues.
• Learn about follow-on rounds: when they come and why, what to look for, how to decide whether to follow your money.
• Explore how to achieve an exit: different routes, liquidity event versus an exit, deferred consideration, and your role in preparing for an exit.
• Learn how to prepare for an exit: how to make the company attractive, sales process, IPO, secondary, MBO.
• Understand the exit process: selling memorandum, data room, warranties and indemnities, sale versus completion.
Where will it be held?
Avonmouth House, 6 Avonmouth St, London SE1 6NX (London Bridge and Elephant & Castle)
How much does it cost?
– One Masterclass module: £350
– All three modules: £950 (vouchers cannot be used
Can’t make the series?
Contact Us and you’ll be notified when the relevant modules are repeated later in the year.
Booking Terms & Conditions for Masterclass Programme can be found here.
Proceed to checkout: Pay via PayPal or Credit card to book the modules of your choice or all three.